‘MATERIALLY MISLEADING’: Dodgers ace Trevor Bauer breaks silence over sexual allegations

Pitcher says he will be rolling out baseball content on his YouTube page

Article content

Los Angeles Dodgers pitching ace Trevor Bauer has broken his silence following lurid sexual allegations hurled his way, calling them “false and materially misleading.”

Bauer, 30, posted a 36-second video Tuesday on his YouTube page, which has almost 400,000 subscribers.

“I know you haven’t heard from me in a while, I look forward to speaking about the false and materially misleading allegations in the future but for now this is what I’m able to share with you,” he said, noting that “one legal matter has been resolved.”

He added: “The judge’s detailed decision is available and it speaks for itself.”

Advertisement

Story continues below

Article content

We apologize, but this video has failed to load.

The Los Angeles judge dismissed a request for a restraining order against the star pitcher.

The unidentified woman — who claims Bauer blackened her eyes during a rough sexual encounter — publicly released a photo of her injuries she said were inflicted at his mansion.

This unidentified woman’s two black eyes allegedly came from Dodgers hurler Trevor Bauer.
This unidentified woman’s two black eyes allegedly came from Dodgers hurler Trevor Bauer. Photo by HANDOUT /BRYAN FREEDMAN

“So with that being said, I’m going to be rolling out some baseball content here throughout the postseason,” Bauer said. “This is a channel that aims to celebrate baseball culture and entertain. I love bringing you guys along for that ride with me so I’ll see you all in a video here soon.”

And he’ll have lots to talk about, with his Dodgers tackling the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Wild Card game Wednesday.

But don’t expect to see Bauer on the mound. He’s been on ice since July 2, when the Dodgers put him on seven days’ paid leave under the joint domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse policy adopted by MLB and the players’ union.

Advertisement

Story continues below

Article content

The alleged victim claimed that during two BDSM sex encounters this year he choked her into unconsciousness, punched her repeatedly and had non-consensual anal sex with her.

We apologize, but this video has failed to load.

His agents and legal team said last year’s Cy Young Award winner agreed to extend his suspension as a gesture of “good faith” and to minimize distractions for the team.

Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman torpedoed the 27-year-old alleged victim’s request for the restraining order against Bauer, who has claimed the sexual encounters were consensual. The claimant was admitted to hospital for injuries.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

    Advertisement

    Story continues below

    Comments

    Postmedia is committed to maintaining a lively but civil forum for discussion and encourage all readers to share their views on our articles. Comments may take up to an hour for moderation before appearing on the site. We ask you to keep your comments relevant and respectful. We have enabled email notifications—you will now receive an email if you receive a reply to your comment, there is an update to a comment thread you follow or if a user you follow comments. Visit our Community Guidelines for more information and details on how to adjust your email settings.

    Share:

    Share on facebook
    Facebook
    Share on twitter
    Twitter
    Share on pinterest
    Pinterest
    Share on linkedin
    LinkedIn
    On Key

    Related Posts

    On AIR

    Russtrat world

    Erdogan’s Syrian Trap

    MOSCOW, 24 Oct 2021, RUSSTRAT Institute. The Anadolu news agency circulated a tough statement made by President Erdogan about Turkey’s readiness to “use heavy weapons

    Drone attack on Uncle Sam

    MOSCOW, 23 Oct 2021, RUSSTRAT Institute. As CNN reported, citing sources in the Pentagon, an attack was carried out on a US army military base